INSTITUTIONAL LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Developing cognitive and communication competencies required by the military strategic leaders with emphasis on strategic thinking.
- Enabling participants appraise the constituents of National Security Strategy as well as interest, while analyzing military capabilities to achieve national defence objectives.
- Developing the capacity of participants to relate and function effectively in a multi-agency, multi-dimensional and joint environment in the use of national power to safeguard national interests and security.
- Building and synthesizing the critical elements of theory of war and strategy through the application of strategic thinking skills.
- Analyzing and distinguishing the uniqueness of military-strategic level of leadership and applying competencies required of strategic leaders.
- Applying strategic insights from military history to the contemporary environment by synthesizing critical elements, enablers and processes.
- Developing theatre strategies and campaign plans for the employment of military power in a joint, multi-agency, multi-dimensional and multi-national environment.
- Developing the capacity of participants to effectively function at the strategic and operational levels in sub-regional, regional and global Peace Support Operations.
THE COLLEGE GOVERNING BOARD
Chief of Army Staff – Chairman Director Army
MOD – Member
Commander TRADOC – Member
Chief of Training (Army) – Member
Commandant Army War College Nigeria – Member
Director Legal Services (Army) – Member
Deputy Commandant/Director of Studies – Secretary
MISSION STATEMENT OF THE AWCN
“To produce well trained, educated and inspired operational level leaders for the NA”
ORGANIZATION OF ARMY WAR COLLEGE NIGERIA
The AWCN is organized into a Headquarters, Directorate of Coordination and the Directorate of Administration/Logistics and Finance. The College is headed by a Commandant of the rank of Maj Gen. The Directorates are headed by officers of the rank of Brig Gen.
The College Flag
The College Flag was designed putting the operating environments of the Nigerian Army in focus. The dark blue, green, brown and sky blue were selected to represent amphibious, jungle, desert and aviation operating environments of the Nigerian Army respectively.
The College Logo
The College Logo is derived from the NA Colours and the National Colours. There is an Eagle placed on a crossed sword and pen. At the base is a scroll in yellow parchment bearing the College Motto: Knowledge, Dedication and Service. The College brooch is derived from the logo with the addition of half laurel and full laurel for graduates and Directing Staff respectively.
DIRECTORATE OF ADMINISTRATION/LOGISTICS AND FINANCE
The Directorate of Administration/Logistics and Finance is responsible for all admin/logistics and finance matters in the College. The Directorate is headed by a Director of the rank of Brigadier .
DIRECTORATE OF STUDIES AND CORDINATION
The directorate of Study and Coordination is responsible for all academic activities of the college.The Directorate is headed by a Director of the rank of Brigadier .